I-I'm not crying, you are! My Thoughts on Kudo Haruka's Graduation Announcement

I'm just– Wow, this is actually happening. Kudo Haruka, my most favorite member of the group, is actually graduating from Morning Musume. It's been about a day since I first found out about the news and I'm still trying to process it. From my observation, this has come as a big shock to the fandom since I think no one was expecting this. I wasn't expecting this. I knew this was happen but not anytime soon, really... I-I'm not crying, you are! I just have some dust in my eyes /sniffle;

Since day one, Duu has always caught my eye. Well, originally due to her last name since it's the same surname as one of my favorite anime characters: Kudo Shinichi aka Edogawa Conan from Detective Conan. However, I really did come to fall in love with her charms. Right away, she wasn't going to be your ordinary cutesy idol. She was boyish, that was her personality. She was a decent vocalist with her husky-like voice. She was never really the most promoted member, but she still stood out. From my observation, she was a very well-liked member both in the Western and Japanese sides of the fandom.

After Aika graduated, I thought everything was done. I thought that I wouldn't be able to really like another MoMusu member after her. However, I was proven wrong. From the first day I become a fan of Morning Musume to now, I don't think there's any other member who caught my eye and interested me more than Duu. I'll be honest, after Haruka graduates from the group- I don't know if I'll look at the group the same ever again and remain interested. I know I'm sounding like a really bad fan right now, and I am. But Haruka was my most favorite member, seriously... I-I'm not crying, you are! My eyes are just watery from allergies /secretly sobbing;

As much as I'm really sad about her impending graduating, this is her choice and I will respect that. I will admit that I'm still within that denial stage. Yet, I'm trying not to whine. This is her decision and I will accept that. She's still young and she has a lot of ahead of her. She expressed her ambition to pursue acting and I personally think she'll be fine. We've had Mano Erina graduate from her idol actings and is now mostly doing acting jobs wit moderate success. I believe Haruka has a strong potential to become a very good drama actress with proper training and more experience. I can see her performing in live-action adaptions of anime. Perhaps she'll branch out to voice-acting then, who knows?

I'll still support her even after her graduation from the group and I'll try to follow her as closely as I could. If she gets an Instagram, instant follow. If she's starring in a drama, I'm gonna watch it no matter how bad it is. Trust me, I've watched dramas purely for the idols no matter how bad it was... I promised myself never again but I'll do it for Haruka. For now, we still have a little time before she graduates from the group. I will do an graduation appreciation week for her on this blog (she's my favorite member, I want to do it). However, I also want to do something else: a Kudo Haruka Love/Appreciation week on Tumblr filled with nice graphics on the like.

So those are my own thoughts about Duu's impending graduation. I'm sorry if I was rambling a lot, I'm still in the process of letting the announcement just sink into me. I do sincerely hope they give her a good graduation farewell single. I feel like for Kanon's- it wasn't that great and [Zukki] deserved more. So I really do hope that they don't mess up her graduation single as well. Although, knowing Hello! Project, they'll probably do so anyways. Honestly they gave Riho a pretty okay graduation farewell, why couldn't they do the same for Kanon? /sigh;

So what are your thoughts on Duu's graduation? Are you sad like I am? Are you happy that she's graduating? If you have a Tumblr, are you interested in doing a Kudo Haruka Love/Appreciation week? Let me know in the comments. I want to know! Until my next post, jyaa ne~

Comments

Popular Posts