Kudo Haruka Appreciation Week ♡ Three Songs

(I swear, I'm almost done with the backed-up entries! I should be able to catch up!)

Welcome back to Kudo Haruka Appreciation Week. Today is Day Three!

Despite the same name as day one, this actually has a different theme/main point. I did not think this through when I created the banners - granted, I was in a rush to get this banners created (made these a whole month ago because my laptop was dying). So previously, I talked about two singles that really screamed 'Kudo Haruka!' However, I also want to take the time to share three more additional songs that really make her shine and that I know for sure she could rock as a solo song.

Like the way I'm thinking of this is that if Haruka were to release a cover album or some sorts, would songs would she cover (assuming they're all from Morning Musume/Hello! Project in general). So three songs that really make her shine and I know for sure that she could rock as a solo song are– /drum roll;

TRACK ONE ► 好きだから…

To the person on YouTube who made the edit in which it was just Duu singing the song (not that I hate Sakura or Ayumi or anything, they're great too)- bless them. Alright, personally, I didn't quite like the Zoku 11nin Iru! play compared to other stageplays like TRIANGLE or even Lilium Shoujo Junketsu Kageki. I just felt like those had better soundtracks and all. However, this song was really great and Haruka was amazing as Tada (even better than Ayumi personally). And while Sakura as Frol was the best for the song (that power in the latter half of the song tho), you gotta admit that Haruka also did a fantastic job as well.

I feel like this song really helps show off Haru's vocal capabilities. Granted, I only heard her perform as Frol in a live performance and she did struggle quite a bit. I'm not saying that she's an amazing vocalist like Sakura but rather the song shows that if you put her up to it: she can really give a great performance. Her performance as Frol really had a lot of emotion in it which made me disregard the slightly struggle in her voice when it came to the high notes. Okay, I'm probably rambling so much that it's hard to follow. My point is that - she's very capable of singing and giving a good performance no matter what role you put her in. She always aced those male roles like Tada, Sneferu, and Asada. However, she can also ace the role of Frol too.

Okay, I'm not going to say that I want her to perform this at her graduation concert because that's just impossible. However, it honestly would be really nice to see her cover this song again sometime in the future if possible - but this time, singing both Tada and Frol. I believe that she can really pull it off. She's a capable vocalist and a very good actress. 

TRACK TWO ► 春 ビューティフル エブリデイ

Fun fact: this was my favorite track on Morning Musume's eighth. Honestly, I used to believe that no one other than Aika and Eri could sing this. However, I was so glad to be half wrong on this! So during Duu and Mizuki's joint birthday fanclub event back in 2013- they sang this song. I'll be very blunt here, I couldn't care less about Mizuki because she felt flat and boring. Duu was an entirely different story though when it came to her part in the duet! This is just me being a really biased stan, but my girl was amazing in that performance. Mizuki, who? I only know Duu. /whacked;

Judging from the performance, Haruka felt very clear and into the song. I personally think that this song fits into her vocal range quite nicely so she didn't sound flat and boring. She was definitely in her element when it came to this song. I can get why many people may not really associate Duu with this song as that it doesn't really fit her cool image being one of it. However, I still believe that this is a great song that she can cover. It's very cute and sincerely does fit into her vocal range. Also, if you write out her name as well as haru in hiragana - it's still romanized as Haru Beautiful Everyday. Kudo Haruka is beautiful everyday, okay? ... Yes, I actually did it. I made that stupid connection and I regret nothing /whacked;

TRACK THREE ► もしも…

Goddamn it, I didn't want to be basic but I couldn't help myself.  Like I really wanted to put in a really less-cutesy and more up-beat song that would suit Haru's cool and boyish image in the group- but really, you gotta really include Moshimo... into this too. Honestly though, she slayed every solo performance of this song. Sometimes I forgot that this was originally not her solo song but actually a MoBeKiMaSu song. If anything, I think her singing this was so much better than the original sub-group of Mizuki, Saki, Ayaka, Momoko, and Erina.

Similar to Haru Beautiful Everyday, this is also another slightly cutesy track. Yet, this is also another song that fits right within her vocal range. When I watched her first performance of the song back in 2013-2014 (ish?), I recall just being completely mesmerized by her. Remember back then, she didn't quite get a lot of solo lines or screen time. So the fact that Haruka was able to perform an entire song live- that was a lot for a Duu stan like me.

When she performed the song, she was incredibly cute. She was smiling the entire time and looks like she was really enjoying herself while immersing into the mood of the song. Duu was absolutely shining the entire time when she sang this song (sometimes I still think it was made for her). I really  wanted to mention another cooler song but I just can't go through this week without mentioning this song, okay? I just can't. If she were to create a cover album, then this song better be fxcking on it. You all probably agree with me on this, I know.

Bonus! Here are some additional songs that I believe would make Haruka shine if she covered them, or songs I believe that suits her!

+ Wolf Boy
+ ENDLESS SKY
+ Kacchoii Uta
+ Wakaindashi!
+ Koko ni Iruzee!
+ Waratte! YOU
+ Otona ni Nareba Otona ni Nareru

Comments

Popular Posts